bounceHammer has been EOL'ed on February 29, 2016
EOL on February 29, 2016
bounceHammer have been downloaded and used by many users and companies since
the first release on March 2010 and has been EOL: End Of Life on February 29, 2016.
Thanks for using bounceHammer for a long time. We are now providing
Sisimai (the successor of bounceHammer, more faster, more higher precision of analysis)
as a bounce mail parser library in BSD 2-Clause License.
Keep in touch
- 1Setting Up Sisimai Your Server
- 2Support developmenet using Sisimai
- 3Support via Email
- 4Support bounce management
- 5Parsing your bounced emails
FAQ / Frequently Asked Questions
1. License and Warranty of bounceHammer
- Do I need to pay a fee for using bounceHammer ?
No, There are no fees for using bounceHammer.
bounceHammer is provided with open source license and is completely free to use. See
License page to read more information about the
license of bounceHammer.
- What software warranty available ?
There is no software warranty.
See License page to read more information about
license of bounceHammer.
- Cannot agree with the license
If you cannot agree with the license,
YOU CAN NOT USE bounceHammer.
- Technical support available ?
Cubicroot Co. Ltd.
(Kyoto, Japan. develops bounceHammer) gives
Technical Support Subscription
such as Installation, Maintenance, and Support with email in Japanese.
2. Installation of bounceHammer
- How easy to install ?
It may not be easy to install. It is troublesome to install many perl modules.
But after you have installed many perl modules, To build bounceHammer is very easy.
- Install guide available ?
Yes, Install guide pages available on this site.
See Manual page to install bounceHammer.
- How do I uninstall bounceHammer
page to uninstall bounceHammer from your system.
- I want to use command line tools only
If you dont't need to use both WebUI (browser based control panel) and HTTP-API,
run the configure script with --disable-webui option at build time.
The configure script with this option require and install NO WebUI-related and
page to read more information about running configure .
3. Environment for running bounceHammer
- What environment does run ?
bounceHammer runs on Linux, *BSD, and UNIX compatible systems.
More information about environment is available at
- Does bounceHammer run on Windows?
bounceHammer may not run on Windows.
- Does bounceHammer run with perl 5.6 ?
To make bounceHammer work properly, perl 5.8.1 or higher
and Perl 5.14.3 or lower is required.
If the version of perl on your system is 5.8.0 or lower,
you should install (upgrade to) perl 5.8.1 or higher to your system.
- Does bounceHammer work on low memory computer ?
bounceHammer uses about 12MB - 20MB memory to parse bounce emails.
It depends on the size of bounce emails.
4. Displaying and outputting in bounceHammer
- Available languages on bounceHammer ?
Command line tools of bounceHammer display messages (e.g. --help)
in English only. But bounceHammer's WebUI (browser based contorl panel)
support both English and Japanese.
- How do I check on the progress of the command ?
If you want to check the progress of each running command,
use -v option to do that. Many -v characters
(such as -vvvv) cause each command to display many debug messages with progress bar.
- WebUI does not work...
bounceHammer's WebUI uses AJAX,
- WebUI is displayed without Login on brower
bounceHammer's WebUI has no authentication.
If WebUI can be accessed from outside of your network,
You shold consider IP address-based access control (Firewall, httpd.conf, .htaccess)
or Basic authentication.
5. Analytical accuracy of bounceHammer
- There is a bounce email bounceHammer can not parse
bounceHammer can parse a bounce email created by major open source MTAs:
Sendmail, Postfix, qmail, Exim, and Courier MTA.
But bounceHammer not parse a bounce email created by Other MTA.
If you encountered any bounce email bounceHammer (mailboxparser command)
can not parse, Please send the bounce email to us.
6. Behaviour of bounceHammer
- bounceHammer does not run
Most of the reason of not running bounceHammer propery are the followings.
- Perl module is missing
- Perl module is too old
- Database is not running
- Other misconfiguration or misuse
- and so on
- bounceHammer works very slowly
Performance depends on hardware (e.g. CPU, Memory, Disk).
bounceHammer works very slowly if the size of the mailbox
(contain many bounce emails) is too large.
page for that how fast/slow bounceHammer works.
- Manual pages for command-line tools are missing
As of present, manual pages of each command line tool are not implemented.
It will be implemented in the future release of bounceHammer.
Please refer Command line tools
page or try --help option of each command until the future release of bounceHammer.
- Output format is YAML/JSON only ?
Output data (parsed or dumped data) produced by each command of bounceHammer
is a YAML/JSON format only. But beginning of bounceHammer 2.4.0,
It supports a CSV format.
- Found bugs
If you encountered behavior with bounceHammer that
appears to be a bug in bounceHammer, please send a bug report or a patch to us.